How do you define a life of purpose?
At NorthStar, we know it’s never too late to find your calling. All you need is the desire to truly make a difference in the lives of others. We don’t hire resumes. We hire great sales leaders that are passionate about helping people.
Ranked one of Selling Power’s Top 50 Companies to Sell For, we pride ourselves on providing sales careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the income potential to change yours.
We’ve made it our life’s work to take care of others – and that starts with our employees. We offer our sales professionals excellent compensation & sales incentive packages, training, and career advancement opportunities spanning 85 locations & 11 states.
Give yourself a raise in 2020. Your purpose starts here – Apply today.
We are seeking a Sales Manager for Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes in Sacramento, CA. This position will be responsible for leading the sales team including, selecting, training and developing sales professionals. The successful candidate will have strong planning, organizational and time management skills, as well as, previous sales experience.
- Monitor daily activities of sales team to ensure that each Sales Advisor is properly representing company, policies, prices, merchandise and services within the guidelines of state and federal laws
- Conduct regular reviews with general manager or appropriate business partner to discuss inventory, products, available cemetery property and projects to ensure goals for location are communicated and properly aligned
- Plan special events such as holidays, military recognition, and cultural celebrations
- Build and maintain relationships within the community to develop new sales prospects and community based contacts by visiting places such as churches, hospitals, nursing homes, and community centers
- Research opportunities for the company to sponsor events, such as sports tournaments, chamber meetings, church events and any other charitable events
- Demonstrate class room and infield appropriate lead procurement, presentation, telephone etiquette, and closing and referral gathering techniques necessary to achieve the correct balance between sales and service
- Provide training to counselors regarding interment orders, interment verification procedures, property cards, interment cards, quitclaims, sales contracts, deeds, issue resolution forms and other documents required by state law or company policy
- Ensure that FTC and state law requirements, as pertains to cemetery and funeral operations and sales, are understood and adhered to by all sales staff
- Continue development of business acumen by reading trade publications and books to improve sales technique and presentation skills
- Develop marketing plans to ensure effective community awareness and lead development
- Review and evaluate sales staff efforts and sales production on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all counselors are able to conduct thorough presentations for cemetery, cremation and funeral services and are skilled in doortodoor canvassing, telemarketing, referral generation and closing
- Communicate any current or potential cemetery maintenance concerns to appropriate level of management
- Builds trust with clients and vendors
- Ensure all required paperwork, including timesheets, are accurately completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Utilize the company referral tracking system to accurately track leads, referrals, closing ratios and after service followup results
- Monitor cancellation percentages, customer feedback and positively addresses areas requiring improvement
- 3+ years of experience in a sales role in the funeral business strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a sales management or supervisory role
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Professional communication and effective leadership skills
Many Career Paths, One Journey
NSMG has a nationwide footprint, with over 85 locations spanning all time zones in the continental US, including Hawaii. So, if you’re a future leader looking for realistic career advancement opportunities and the stability and plan to get you there: We’ve got you.
Interested in hearing more about what Sales Careers are like at NorthStar? Check out the video below:
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!