Whether you believe in serendipity or just plain luck, you’ve just found the “best kept secret” in the sales world. Ranked one of the Top 50 Best Companies to Sell For, we offer our sales professionals an excellent compensation & benefits package, sales incentives & bonuses, training, and all the advancement opportunities you’re game for!
Sound too good to be true? Check NorthStar Memorial Group out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted us one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking a Sales Management Trainee for Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes Memorial Park. The Sales Management Trainee will gain knowledge of funeral and cemetery profession. The person in the position will immerse him/herself in all aspects of the business in order to successfully transition in a supervisory or management role at the completion of the training period. This is a great opportunity for applicants who have a background in the operations side of the funeral and cemetery profession to transition into the sales side of the profession.
- Actively builds relationships within the location and partners location leadership to learn aspects of industry.
- Excels in his/her ability to set an appointment, give a preplanning guide presentation, and product presentation
- Provides professional park tours of each location within their area
- Completes paperwork timely, neatly and accurately, including all state specific requirements for contract processing
- Actively tracks all sales activity and ratios to measure areas of strength and areas that need improvement
- Uses CRM to track all contacts and ensure professional follow-up
- Learns to contacts new and existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs
- Prospects regularly using multiple methods including cold calling, door knocking, mailers, seminars, and outside events
- Provides world class customer service, a positive attitude, and a willingness to do “Whatever it takes”
- Gains knowledge in areas as they relate to our profession (veteran’s benefits, social security benefits, end of life decisions, etc.)
- Checks in with sales manager on a weekly basis to discuss training criteria progress.
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative while learning the funeral profession.
- Strong ability to earn trust and use consultative selling techniques with others.
- Knowledge of presentation and closing techniques and the ability to demonstrate skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within the community
- Professional and tactful communication skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Experience handling difficult situations with confidence and compassion
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and services or show ability to learn products and services
Requirements & Experience:
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Required sales license and knowledge of federal, state and local regulations related to the cemetery and funeral industry
- Able to successful master skills and show proficiency all skills at the end of the training period
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar?
Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.