StoneMor Inc. is conducting a search for a full-time Funeral Director/Embalmer to join our team at the beautiful Weber Funeral Home in Allentown, PA. Weber Funeral Home was established in 1928, but relocated in 1948 to a beautiful Victorian brownstone. Once known as the old Crilly Mansion, our funeral home at 502 Ridge Avenue features a large viewing room with an adjoining family room, as well as a large parking lot.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement & more.
- Meets with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services.
- Performs technical and cosmological embalming services.
- Finalizes details discussed during arrangement conferences with appropriate tracking & compliance documents.
- Directs funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, opening parlor, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse or limousine driver when needed.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required.
- Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
- Maintains cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
- Performs all other related functions as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1 year of experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years of post-secondary education.
- Would need to be a state supervisor
- Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer or the ability to obtain a state license.
- Must have the ability to obtain any additional licensing required by the state.
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science.
- Requires a relatively high degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time.
- Requires occasional standing/walking and frequent lifting or pushing.
- Must possess valid state driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with others in a team atmosphere.