Sterling & Smith Funeral Directors, Inc. in Fresno, California has an immediate opening for an Embalmer or Embalmer/Funeral Director. We are a family owned group that operates funeral homes in Dinuba, Fresno and Tulare and Kerman, California. The company is looking for an experienced embalmer interested in a long term opportunity with the potential to join the ownership group.
Our Preparation Center provides services for four funeral home locations within forty-five miles of Fresno. We are looking for an individual who believes in performing at a high level at all times! This can be a challenging environment and requires a person that can fit in with a diverse team as well as into the community.
- Embalm cases
- Final preparation and cosmetics
- Provide training to staff on prepping people for ID viewings
- Going on first calls / performing removals
- Working with families
- Helping conduct funerals and memorial services (as required)
- Making Funeral / Cremation Arrangements
- Operating the Crematory as needed (training will be provided)
- Salary to be determined by need and experience
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Continuing education license renewal allowance
- Position is available immediately
- Valid Embalmer license and credentials
- References from previous employer(s)
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share through community involvement
- Willingness to learn and grow
For additional information please contact Ronald E. Smith, Ed.D at 559-213-6172.
Sterling & Smith Funeral Directors, Inc.
1103 E. Street * Fresno, CA 93706