St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Rock Creek parish is looking for a full-time Cemetery Manager. The Cemetery Manager will direct the day-to-day operation of the cemetery including but not limited to; scheduling all interments, preparation and closing of all graves, placement of markers, maintenance of all grave sites, roads, grounds, and landscape. The Cemetery Manager is also responsible for developing and implementing all management policies as they relate to the staff. The nature of the work performed requires the ability to maintain an effective working relationship with the staff, the business and community organizations, funeral homes, outside contractors, volunteers and the bereaved. The incumbent will report directly to the Rector.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and guidelines involved in the operation and maintenance of a private cemetery and mausoleum
- Comprehensive knowledge of clerical and financial records keeping in connection with cemetery business operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Spanish proficiency desirable
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration; and considerable experience in cemetery operations;
- or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work
Salary & Benefits
St. Paul’s offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with a company match.
St. Paul’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Rock Creek Cemetery
The mission of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Rock Creek Parish is to be one family in Christ using our gifts and resources to respond to the spiritual, social, and human needs of our parish and community.