- The most advanced and aggressive marketing strategy in the business
- Join a company that recently grew a funeral home combo from 100 calls annually to 885 calls annually in 5 years
- In search of a motivated, professional General Manager to help lead a newly acquired Funeral Home in the same trajectory
- Apply only if you desire to be a part of something BIG!!
Our locally owned and operated funeral home combo is looking for an innovative Funeral Home General Manager with a passion for excellence, superior organizational, communication and leadership skills, and a commitment to treat clients/families with compassion, professionalism, and dignity.
As a quickly growing funeral home/memorial park combo, we seek a creative, driven funeral professional who desires an opportunity to work with a trend-setting company. In turn, you will be rewarded with excellent benefits, a great work environment, and an opportunity to truly grow your career in historic Fairburn, GA
Requirements & Qualifications
Education, Certifications, and Licensing
- Current Georgia State Funeral Director License.
- Current Georgia State Embalmer License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mortuary Science preferred.
Experience & Skills
- At least five (5) years of industry experience and at least three (3) years managing people required.
- Knowledgeable in Financial and Business acumen.
- Cemetery and sales experience preferred.
- Able to analyze financial reports to improve location performance.
- Professional interpersonal skills as well as cultural sensitivity and tactfulness to interact with a variety of cultures and language barriers.
- Proficient in MS Office suite including mail, word, excel, & power point.
- Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors regardless of weather conditions; Care Center personnel may have exposure to various chemicals and fluids; cemetery personnel may have exposure to chemicals and equipment.
- Business attire is required. Personal safety equipment or appropriate attire may be required for cemetery or crematory environment.
- Typically required to work several evenings or weekends each month.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, or requirements. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- RELOCATION budget and potential onsite housing available for the right candidate
- Competitive Salary
- Paid holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Ongoing Education
The opportunity to grow your career in a friendly, professional, and supportive environment.
About Southern Cremations & Funerals
Southern Cremations & Funerals operates full-service funeral homes and crematories in the Metro Atlanta area with locations in Marietta, Covington, and Fairburn. A family owned and operated company, we offer affordable, all-inclusive Funeral and Cremation Packages to our families.
Our diverse and and compassionate team of funeral professionals and administrators serve hundreds of families every year from all religions, ethnicities and backgrounds.
We operate 100% full-disclosure facilities and adhere to strict core values that dictate how we serve our families and treat fellow employees.
We believe in educating families and helping them plan services that will create meaningful experiences and lasting memories. We also provide innovative memorial solutions for families choosing burial or cremation at our sister-company cemeteries: Cheatham Hill Memorial Park in Marietta, Eastlawn Memorial Park in McDonough, and Holly Hill Memorial Park in Fairburn.