Mowell Funeral Home and Cremation Service is a family owned and operated company, serving the families of Fayette County and the surrounding areas. The Funeral Director is instrumental in facilitating and ensuring the success of our relationships with our families. By overseeing the planning, organization and management of all aspects of the funeral services and final disposition, our families are better able to gather, reflect, and celebrate the lives of their loved ones.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, able to work alone and as a team, has good communication skills, and has a professional appearance and demeanor, and lives close to the Fayetteville, GA area. (possible living quarters)
We offer a competitive benefits package, including; 401k, Life, Dental, Vision, and imbursement towards Medical.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma and an Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Science of Funeral Service. He or she should hold current FD/EMB licenses in the State of Georgia. It is also an advantage for Funeral Directors to have experience working in funeral profession and are well versed in the protocols and procedures of the industry.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
· Removal of the decedent as calls are received and dispatched, in a professional and respectful manner.·
· Orders casket, flowers, urns, etc. and other necessities for funeral and memorial ceremony.
· Oversees preparation and embalming of the deceased prior to the funeral.
· Oversees and handles the cremation of the decedent.
· Reaches out to the military when the decedent is a veteran to confirm what honors/benefits the family is eligible for.
· Follow proper guidelines and procedures when working in the cremation care center.
· Maintains safety / OSHA standards in preparation and embalming rooms, as well as in the cremation care center
· Frequently moves decedents weighing over 50 pounds to various locations at the funeral home, churches, and cemeteries which requires pushing and pulling caskets (with or without a body), lifting to a height of 3-4’.
· Must be able to make night calls and removals, operate company vehicle at night.
· Occasionally ascends/descends stairs to make removals.
· Constantly positions self to retrieve, transport, dress and move deceased, flowers, and personal family belongings
· Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions.
· Must be able to move about to transfer the decedent from the prep room, to the crematory, or to various locations of the funeral home for visitation or service, as well as to the cemetery.
· Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
· Exhibits patience, empathy, and compassion.
· Communicates calmly and kindly with bereaved family and friends as well as other staff members.
· Demonstrates familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Is familiar with proper etiquette and procedure for a range of religious or cultural funeral services.