Mid-America College of Funeral Service in Jeffersonville, Indiana (Louisville, KY) is seeking an instructor to teach funeral service courses. Seeking an instructor/s that has a minimum two years’ experience as a licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer. A Master Degree is preferred from a regionally accredited institution. We are seeking a dedicated, energetic professional to teach in the Funeral Service Program. The instructor will teach undergraduate funeral service courses and laboratories, and assist in supporting the Funeral Service Programs’ goals, instruct and direct students, and maintain student grades.
- Graduate of an institution of funeral service education accredited by the American Board (ABFSE)
- Master’s degree preferred, from a regionally accredited college or the ability to earn a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university within five years of their initial appointment date
- Must hold a current and valid state licenses as a funeral director and as an embalmer in Indiana
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years’ experience as an active embalmer is preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students, staff, and community from diverse backgrounds and commitment to a culturally diverse work environment
- Must be knowledgeable with OSHA and Bio-Hazardous Waste Regulations
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pierce Mortuary Colleges (PMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: PMC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PMC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. , PMC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PMC encourages applicants of all ages.
Management reserves the right to change or otherwise modify the functions of this job in order to meet the needs of the company. Additional duties may also be assigned. Consideration will be given to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed hereafter are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required to do this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Mid-America College of Funeral Service
Mid-America College is a longstanding institution with a rich history. See why we rank among the top funeral service colleges in America by visiting https://www.mid-america.edu/about