At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking a Funeral Director for Memorial Park Funeral Home in Memphis, TN. This position manages all phases of the funeral arrangement including the removal of the deceased, selecting and setting up funeral services to final disposition. The successful candidate will have strong planning, organizational and time management skills, as well as, a current license in the applicable state.
- Conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional and caring manner
- Carry out funeral services from retrieval of the deceased to final disposition
- Assist in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and vehicles
- Ensure all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
- Prepare the memorial area for the family before the services start
- Ensure flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
- Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
- Train all staff and strictly enforce all logging, identification, casketing and cremation procedures
- Current license or certification if required by state regulations
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Valid driver’s license
About Memorial Park Funeral Home
For over 50 years, we've been serving local families.
And our success can be summed-up in three words - community, compassion and commitment.
A longstanding provider of funeral pre-planning and at-need care, Memorial Park strives to fulfill the specific needs of each family. We want to help you remember your loved ones in a way that honors the unique life of the individual.
To help our families create memorable services we offer online guest book services, and other customized services.
For your convenience we have funeral homes in your neighborhood, operate our own crematory and have funeral home/cemetery combinations.