Your dream job awaits you at Maui Memorial Park and Nakamura Mortuary in Wailuku, HI! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you!
At Maui Memorial Park and Nakamura Mortuary, Passion is what drives us to treat every family we serve as if they were our own, & that includes our Maui Memorial Park and Nakamura Mortuary family. We offer competitive pay, 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid vacations, and a positive environment.
We’ve made it our life’s work to take care of others – and that starts with our employees. Work and life: balanced. Ideas and innovation: invited. Employment here is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, benefits & work/life balance to change yours.
Why Maui Memorial Park and Nakamura Mortuary?
• Competitive Salary and Benefits
• We have a wonderful team spirit and a family oriented environment
• We are part of a national brand which provides great opportunity for growth
We are seeking a General Manager for Maui Memorial Park and Nakamura Mortuary in Wailuku, HI. This position will be responsible for directing and leading funeral home operations, and driving growth and profitability by ensuring the location attains case volume and revenue goals.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader with strong interpersonal, leadership, business development, employee relations, and customer service skills along with a track record of growing businesses and people. In order to be successful in the role, you will need to combine a servant leadership mindset with a strong work ethic. You must also possess exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills, excellent people skills, and a passion for service.
If you are a highly skilled leader with a drive to excel, if you enjoy working alongside equally skilled leaders who will help bring out the very best within you, this is the right place for you!
• Ensure that the facility is being maintained, and assist in maintenance where required
• Lead and develops a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, accountable and service oriented
• Evaluate drivers of growth, improvement, and efficiencies to identify and implement new initiatives
• Grow top line revenue, expands case volume, improves market share and develops an excellent customer experience
• Build a strong partnership with sales and collaborate with all departments
• Conduct regular reviews with Sales Manager or appropriate business partner to discuss inventory, products, available cemetery property, and projects to ensure goals for location are communicated and properly aligned
• Lead by example and demonstrate knowledge of successful marketing and community involvement techniques
• Research opportunities for the company to sponsor events, such as sports tournaments, chamber meetings, church events and any other charitable events
• Identify opportunities to maximize revenue through park development
• Represent company by participating in industry specific groups and legislative boards
• 5+ years of experience in the funeral profession with understanding of both sales and operations management
• Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to think strategically and work independently
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.