Not getting a raise this year? No way to advance?
If you are tired of going to work in a job with no opportunity for advancement or you are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it.
Graceland-Fairlawn in Decatur, Illinois is searching for a Funeral Director/Embalmer to join our growing team. With over 50% market-share and still growing, Graceland-Fairlawn is where passion meets purpose. If you want to be a part of a team that takes pride in growth and success, with the benefit of living in a big small town – we want YOU!!!
This position has the opportunity to work on-call night shifts, with additional bonus potential just for doing your job!
In this role, you will manage removal of the deceased, embalming, transfers, cosmetology, dressing, hairstyling and any other preparation required for the deceased. The successful candidate will be a licensed Funeral Director in the state of Illinois, with strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
Our staff is trusted by more families than any other location in town for a reason, we have great people! Year after year we continue to grow with more families trusting our team. Please don’t wait, call and talk to us today to schedule an interview before this position is filled.
- Ensure proper chain of custody is maintained throughout the preparation process
- Maintain a sterile and safe work environment consistent with company, government and industry rules, regulations and practices
- Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
- Complete and enforces all logging, identification, and casketing procedures
- Train staff on company procedures and guidelines as needed
- Perform embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing and casketing of the deceased using appropriate precautions and OSHA standards
- Current license or certification if required by state regulations
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!