The Funeral Director/Embalmer is accountable for performing a variety of tasks during the preparation, planning, and execution of the funeral and memorialization process to ensure services run smoothly and that the expectations of our client families and their guests are exceeded.
- Consults with client families or legal representative of the deceased to create services designed to meet their memorialization expectations.
- Ensures that client families are presented with all merchandising and service options available.
- Obtains information needed to complete required documents such as obituaries, death certificates, burial permits, and insurance.
- Coordinates all service arrangements and details with clergy, other presiding persons, fraternal or military organizations, and others who may participate in conducting the funeral service.
- Utilizes systems to record merchandise selections, enter contracts, and complete necessary forms.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts visitations and services.
- Oversees all employees participating in services, ensuring that each member of the team understands their individual role and is professionally representing the location.
- Prepares the deceased, including dressing and casketing.
- Places casket in visitation area, adjusts light fixtures, and arranges or supervises arrangement of flowers or plants.
- Directs and ushers families and services attendees to and from the location of the funeral service.
- Supervises and assists in the transportation of client families to ensure a timely departure and arrival.
- Arranges and coordinates shipment of remains to and from other cities and locations.
- Instructs and oversees work of Apprentice Funeral Directors on services and paperwork.
- Works on-call /first call, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- College degree or some college.
- 2 years FLFuneral Director’s License.
- Valid Embalmer’s License highly preferred.
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
- High degree of overall computer proficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively present information to client families, co-workers, and leadership.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share through personal community involvement.