We are a growing Family-owned funeral home that is hiring a licensed funeral director or apprentice to join our group of dedicated professionals working in the busy location of Gaithersburg, Maryland. We are looking for someone, who shares our passion for helping others through their time of grief by making the arrangement process as clear, comfortable, and respectful to families, as possible.
Since we are looking to expand, we can provide the training tools that make it possible to help increase your skills and abilities to help serve families better.
What We are Looking For/Responsibilities:
· Meets with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services.
· Performs technical and cosmological embalming services.
· Directs funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse driver when needed.
· Prepares or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required.
· Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
· Maintains cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
· Family friendly on-call schedule, with every other weekend off.
-Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer/apprentice OR the ability to obtain a Maryland state license (i.e. taken/preparing to take the National Board Exams)
-Degree from an accredited Mortuary School or Mortuary School Program
About DeVol Funeral Home
Who we are:
Family owned and operated for three generations, for more than seventy years. DeVol Funeral Home has been a name that local families have trusted to provide their loved ones with all the care and dignity they deserve. We can provide the kind of personal service and attention to detail that reflects the life celebrated. We pride ourselves on making our facility feel like a second home — a true place for peace, comfort, and warmth.