$30,000 Hiring Bonus
David-Donehower Funeral and Cremation Service and West-Kjos Funeral and Cremation Service are looking for a General Manager who is responsible for the daily oversight of funeral and cemetery (where applicable) operations for their defined operating group of businesses. While continuing to participate in the daily functions of the businesses, General Manager also provides overall operations and market share leadership and strategic support to and all employees within the operating group. The General Manager serves as the bridge between corporate strategy and tactical location execution. Responsible for ensuring all employees within the operating group follow company policies and guidelines. General Manager also possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of operational processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Manger and Location Manager Duties (20%)
- Manage employee and operating group performance using established metrics and expectations.
- Track progress against the goals, ensure timely feedback, and address performance problems and issues promptly.
- Hold staff accountable for metrics and performance goals.
- Ensure appropriate and equitable staff schedules for call coverage, services, events, meetings, etc. for locations within operating group.
- Schedule and lead regular staff meetings, as defined by the Vertin Business Model, in conjunction with location managers (where applicable).
- Ensure adherence to all stated policies and procedures, OSHA standards, and FTC standards. Properly report any/all incidents immediately, as required by company procedures.
- Review and enhance current activities and marketing efforts.
- Understand the benefits of social media activity and ensure participation.
- Ensure active participation by all employees in the communities they serve.
- Utilize budgets and ensure financial goals are met for the businesses in the operating group.
- Prioritize future expenses and approve all proposed operating expenses within the limits of authorization.
- Immediately report all significant, unexpected, or potential expenses that arise as part of operating a business.
- Ensure proper facility, property, and vehicle maintenance is performed.
Funeral Director (60%)
- Supervise and care for the deceased in a respectful manner that adheres to regulatory requirements.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to preparation of the deceased: removal and transfer, embalming, cosmetology, hairstyling, dressing, and casketing.
- Arrange and conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized, and caring manner in keeping with company policies and procedures.
- Carry out a variety of tasks related to coordinating a funeral service and visitation including managing the delivery and removal of flowers, caskets, urns, photos, and other personal memorabilia.
- Assist at the cemetery and participate as needed in church services.
- Perform office duties and reporting.
- Accurately prepare all documents related to funeral services, cremations, and maintenance.
- Provide timely delivery of documents, cards, memorabilia, etc. to the family following the service.
- Assist the family with insurance assignments, paperwork, and other related follow-up tasks as needed.
- Share potential preneed referrals with the preplanning specialist.
- Manage merchandise inventory and funeral home supplies.
- Build a strong relationship with the community through active involvement in area organizations and participation in charitable events.
- Utilize engaging local and digital marketing methods for promotion and education purposes.
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Assist with maintenance of the facility, property, and vehicles.
- Ensure adherence to all professional, state and federal licensing authority, regulations, and rules applicable to funeral service.
- Maintain a good driving record in order to drive funeral vehicles for services, floral delivery, supply pick-up, participation in special functions, and various other duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities (20%)
- Directly lead, supervise, train, and develop funeral home staff in operating group.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are defined and clarified as necessary.
- Maintain systems to measure and evaluate direct reports against established metrics.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Vertin policies and management processes, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to participating in interviewing, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, reward and recognition, performance management, and termination.
- Ensure compliance in all areas for the benefit of employee health and safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Associate degree (A.S.), bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university as required to hold the necessary Mortician License in the required state(s) of operation.
Five or more years related experience and/or training within a funeral service setting where direct oversight/ management of others was required.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
Salary dependent on experience.
Benefits: 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, Bonus pay
Submit your resume to Careers@vertin.com