Your dream job awaits you at Chapel of the Chimes Columbarium in Oakland, CA! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you!
We are seeking a Funeral Arranger to join our team with Chapel of the Chimes Funeral Home & Crematory in Oakland, CA. Chapel of the Chimes – Oakland is truly a place like no other. Originally designed in 1909, this Oakland Historical Landmark Building has long been considered one of the most beautiful historic buildings in all of California with designs from noted architects Julia Morgan and Aaron Green. Featuring stunning natural stonework, luminous stained glass, delicate sculptures, and tranquil gardens, it evokes renaissance beauty and serenity at every turn. To learn more about Chapel of the Chimes – Oakland, please visit our website and take a tour of our facilities.
Are you a dynamic individual, committed to giving the very best to the families we serve? Do you enjoy the challenge of creative problem-solving learning and improving your professional skills? If so, then this is the position for you! Chapel of the Chimes is privileged to care for over 700 families each year, many of whom have used the location for generations, in the heart of the great, multi-cultural city of Oakland. We are proud to be a part of the many diverse service traditions our families have and help them in such an important and delicate time in their lives.
Why is this opportunity for you?
- Chapel of the Chimes is the largest funeral home in Oakland and is still growing
- Part of the historic Chapel of the Chimes Columbarium, designed by noted architects Julia Morgan and Aaron Green
- Passionate and supportive team environment
As a funeral arranger, you will work with the family, or friends, of the deceased to make decisions and arrangements for services, cremations, and / or interments. You also will make arrangements with clergy to lead services, churches, cemeteries, or other facilities to host them and arrange all details needed to facilitate the family’s requests. Because public and team interaction is a central responsibility of this position, you are expected to present yourself in a professional and caring manner and collaborate with the entire funeral home team on delivering service excellence.
- Consult with families or friends of the deceased to arrange funeral details, such as obituary notice wording, casket selection, or plans for services.
- Obtain information needed to complete legal documents, such as death certificates or burial permits.
- Offer counsel and comfort to bereaved families or friends.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate funerals, burials, or cremations, arranging details such as floral delivery or the time and place of services.
- Provide information on funeral service options, products, or merchandise
- Direct preparations and shipment of bodies for out-of-state burial.
- Participate in community activities for funeral home promotion or other purposes.
- Understanding of the services and products available
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to follow up with families and collaboration with funeral team members in a timely manner
- Maintaining a team player mindset
- Comfortable using various computer applications and equipment
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Associates, or higher, degree preferred
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience, a plus
- Bi-lingual, a plus
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities that await for you at Chapel of the Chimes Columbarium in Oakland, CA. To be considered for this opportunity, click the Apply Now link on this page, or confidentially email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this job along with the location name for which you are applying in your email. We can’t wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you’ll love it here!
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.