We are seeking a licensed Embalmer to join our Prep team with Chapel of the Chimes Funeral Home & Crematory in Oakland, CA. Chapel of the Chimes – Oakland is truly a place like no other. Originally designed in 1909, this Oakland Historical Landmark Building has long been considered one of the most beautiful historic buildings in all of California with designs from noted architects Julia Morgan and Aaron Green. Featuring stunning natural stonework, polished marble, delicate sculptures, and mosaic-tiled floors, it evokes renaissance beauty and serenity at every turn. To learn more about Chapel of the Chimes – Oakland, please visit our website and take a tour of our facilities.
Are you a dynamic individual, committed to giving the very best to the families we serve? Do you enjoy the challenge of creative problem-solving learning and improving your professional skills? If so, then this is the position for you! Chapel of the Chimes is privileged to care for over 700 families each year, many of whom have used the location for generations, in the heart of the great, multi-cultural city of Oakland. We are proud to be a part of the many diverse service traditions our families have and help them in such an important and delicate time in their lives.
This position will be responsible for caring for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks including, embalming, removals and transfers, cosmetology, dressing, hairstyling, and any other preparation required for the deceased in a learning environment. You will be under the guidance of a supervising embalmer, as well as collaborating with the entire funeral home team on delivering service excellence.
• Ensure proper chain of custody is maintained throughout the preparation process
• Maintain a sterile and safe work environment consistent with company, government and industry rules, regulations and practices
• Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
• Complete and enforces all logging, identification, and casketing procedures
• Train staff on company procedures and guidelines as needed
• Perform embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing and casketing of the deceased using appropriate precautions and OSHA standards
• Current license in the state of California or must be able to reciprocate
• 1+ years of funeral industry experience
• Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.