Your dream job awaits you at Chapel of the Chimes Columbarium in Oakland, CA! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you!
Why is this opportunity for you?
- Chapel of the Chimes is the largest funeral home in Oakland and is still growing
- Part of the historic Chapel of the Chimes Columbarium, designed by noted architects Julia Morgan and Aaron Green
- Passionate and supportive team environment
Are you a dynamic individual, committed to giving the very best to the families we serve? Do you enjoy the challenge of creative problem-solving learning and improving your professional skills? If so, then this is the position for you! Chapel of the Chimes is privileged to care for over 700 families each year, many of whom have used the location for generations, in the heart of the great, multi-cultural city of Oakland. We are proud to be a part of the many diverse service traditions our families have and help them in such an important and delicate time in their lives.
We are seeking a Licensed Embalmer to join our Prep team with Chapel of the Chimes Funeral Home & Crematory in Oakland, CA. Chapel of the Chimes – Oakland is truly a place like no other. Originally designed in 1909, this Oakland Historical Landmark Building has long been considered one of the most beautiful historic buildings in all of California with designs from noted architects Julia Morgan and Aaron Green. Featuring stunning natural stonework, luminous stained glass, delicate sculptures, and tranquil gardens, it evokes renaissance beauty and serenity at every turn. To learn more about Chapel of the Chimes – Oakland, please visit our website and take a tour of our facilities.
This position will be responsible for caring for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks including, embalming, removals and transfers, cosmetology, dressing, hairstyling, and any other preparation required for the deceased and collaborating with the entire funeral home team on delivering service excellence.
- Perform embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing, and casketing of the deceased using appropriate precautions and OSHA standards
- Communicate to the funeral team, in a timely and effective manner, all pertinent information regarding decedent condition
- Complete and enforce all log-in, identification, and casketing procedures
- Maintain a sterile and safe work environment consistent with company, government and industry rules, regulations, and practices
- Always maintain reverence and respect for the deceased
- Train staff on company procedures and guidelines as needed
- Possessing a current embalmers license from the state of California
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintaining a team player mindset
- Comfortable using various computer applications and equipment
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Understanding of the services and products available
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities that await for you at (insert Location Name). To be considered for this opportunity, click the Apply Now link on this page, or confidentially email your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of this job along with the location name for which you are applying in your email. We can’t wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you’ll love it here!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.