$20,000 Hiring Bonus!
Bonnerup Funeral and Cremation Service is looking for a motivated and compassionate individual to serve as a full-time funeral director or funeral director intern. The right candidate for this position can quickly adapt to the needs of individual families by presenting personal, meaningful, and unique solutions to help honor and celebrate each life lived.
- Care for the deceased in a respectful manner that adheres to regulatory requirements
- Perform a variety of tasks related to preparation of the deceased: removal and transfer, embalming, cosmetology, hairstyling, dressing, and casketing
- Arrange and conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized, caring manner
- Carry out a variety of tasks related to coordinating a funeral service and visitation including managing the delivery and removal of flowers, caskets, urns, photos, and other personal memorabilia
- Assist at the cemetery and participate as needed in church services
- Accurately prepare all documents related to funeral services, cremations, and maintenance
- Provide timely delivery of documents, cards, memorabilia, etc. to the family following the service
- Assist the family with insurance assignments, paperwork and other related follow-up tasks as needed
- Build a strong relationship with the community through active involvement in area organizations and participation in charitable events
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Ensure adherence to all professional, state and federal licensing authority, regulations, and rules applicable to funeral service
- Maintain a good driving record in order to drive funeral vehicles for services, floral delivery, supply pick-up, participation in special functions, and various other duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
- Degree from Accredited Mortuary Science Program plus additional college credits as required in the applicable state
- Successful completion of the National Board Examination
- Successful completion of the applicable State Board Examination
- Valid Funeral Director and/or Embalmer State Licensure
- Valid Driver’s License
Pay and Benefits:
Salary dependent on experience.
Benefits: 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance, Bonus pay
To apply, please send your resume to Careers@vertin.com.